Rooster sour crop - crying when poops

It sounds unfortunately like possible Mareks disease, but there can be many conditions that look like Mareks. I would try to get some fluids into him with electrolytes and vitamins. If you could possibly see a vet in the AM, that would be best.

Sorry I somehow managed to miss some of the replies. He unfortunately passed away last night despite my best efforts. All my birds are wormed seasonally and treated for coccidiosis when required. Mereks was a huge concern for me, but he regained his legs late yesterday afternoon - does it work that way? His eyes were bright, no graying or misshapen pupils. He was able to use his wings fine. As for something toxic - I was wondering the same thing but there is nothing around that they could of gotten into. He went downhill so quickly, I had never seen crop problems act that aggressively before.

He went downhill so quickly, I had never seen crop problems act that aggressively before.
Am guessing there was more at play than the crop issue.
Digestion failed due an underlying disease or issue.
Only way to know for sure what ailed him would be a full necropsy with pathology.
Sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom