1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rooster swollen foot help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by snowflake, Sep 16, 2011.

1. snowflake

snowflake Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Belding Michigan
    rooster has swollen foot could be bumble foot but no black spot or visible injury. Should I give him some anti-biotic or try a soak? seems worse today then last night. he is 3 1/2 EE seems healthy other wise

2. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    If you do a search on bumble foot, there's a few really good threads on what to do for it--even one on how to do the 'surgery' on it yourself!

3. GoldenSparrow

GoldenSparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Is there any way you could post a picture?
    I just did the surgery, I sure hope you dont have to.

4. snowflake

snowflake Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Belding Michigan
    don't know if I can get a picture. it is swollen but no sign of injury, no scab, nothing just puffy, I soaked it to night in warm epsom salt water will do again tomorrow before I cut or poke.

5. Ozchicken

Ozchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Queensland, Australia
    Sometimes the original wound which provided the entry site for the staph can heal over and you don't get the scab at all. I think you should post a picture.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by