1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Rooster Tennis

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Naughty, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Naughty

Naughty Songster

Apr 10, 2010
    Wichita
    Well it is apparent that my lil rooster with attitude doesnt like tennis - or tennis rackets... ha ha

He has stopped trying to attack my legs when I come into the coop - dare I hope that I can turn my back on him - I dont know whether he is learning - or plotting... hoping he is learning - I really hate to get rid of him - he is so gorgeous... but can't have him not letting us pet the girls .. I do wear thick jeans so if he tries to get cocky I just sit there and yell "BAD ROOSTER - NO" I have a way with words huH?

Anyhow - anyone who wants to know how far a rooster can fly when batted with a racket...? about 3 ft so far... luckily it doesnt hurt him .. just makes him mad at the racket...

I also have my lil bichon frese pup in the coop with them - so funny to watch the rooster get all huffy near him - the dog just looks at him like "what the?"

Funny thing - the rooster with the problem is named Naughty - so I wonder about what my neighbors think... every time I hear them crow - I yell - Hi Naughty... Hi Montana (the lil one - still sounds like a windup toy) There are soooooo many dirty joke options with a rooster named Naughty...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by