ROOSTER TREAD!!!!!

Oh yeah, roosters are awesome!!! Call me crazy but, my next chicken project just might be to take in all the local wayward roosters and house them in our barn. Wish me luck! As you can see, I'm a little obsessed...if only it didn't cost so much to feed them all
smile.png

This is Rex Goliath, another one of my 'pampered' boys.

Our flock started with 5 hens, which we ordered as hens, but I can't say that I didn't hope that at least one turned out to be a roo.
hide.gif
Well, none of them did, so we added a roo (who was in need of a new home) to our flock about 9 months later. So here's Remy, our big red dino-roaring New Hampshire.

He's a good boy who takes care of his girls and doesn't mind my DH or I bit. Just don't ever step on our property (unless you're one of us, which isn't possible
lol.png
) without getting HIS permission first, because he will hit you like a hammer!
ep.gif

Last edited:
He really is a beautiful boy! He is still young yet, I think only about 3 months old. Im not completely sure of his age, but i just love his marking!!
love.gif

Hes the size of a pigeon! I just love bantam size!

Last edited:
Oh yeah, roosters are awesome!!! Call me crazy but, my next chicken project just might be to take in all the local wayward roosters and house them in our barn. Wish me luck! As you can see, I'm a little obsessed...if only it didn't cost so much to feed them all
smile.png

This is Rex Goliath, another one of my 'pampered' boys.
Oh he is just majestic!!!! love him. He looks HUGE!!!!!!!!!

I do love roosters! They are such characters. I posted the photo of Nestor flapping before. The roosters are around for my personal entertainment - I don't show them.

I got a shot of my big bachelor boys together today - Colin, Rascal and Augie shaking his wattles.

Back
Top Bottom