Rooster Trouble?

Thank you <3 Even harder to get rid of him now ;)
Why rehome him? He is a lovely looking cockerel and seems to be docile. Wait until spring to see which cockerel is good towards the hens and doesn't attack you, and isn't overly aggressive. Get rid of the ones that are aggressive towards you and the hens.

Could someone please point me to anything that says he can't be an EE? There are no rules for an EE. There is no SOP for an EE. There is no standard definition of an EE that I'm aware of, we each seem to have our own. I'd really appreciate it if someone can link me to a formal definition by the APA or some similar body.

An EE is generally associated with blue or green eggs. To many people that does not mean that that an EE hen has to lay a colored egg, just that one of her ancestors hatched from a green or blue egg. Roosters don't lay eggs so that is even more nebulous.

With those saddle and hackle feathers there is no question that is a male. He does not remind me of any breed, certainly looks like a mix. Many EE's are mixes. I don't know where you got him but if they said he was an EE he could be.

The first photo had what seemed to be very long tail feathers, and he has yellow legs, and no muffs. He certainly could be an EE mix, but doesn't have a lot of typical EE traits. That's why I chimed on too.
Mary

Back
Top Bottom