Rooster was attacked and now not walking but is eating and drinking

Splinter was crowing to his morning! He's the same otherwise. I guess we will leave him in the straw because he's fights quite a bit, thank you for the advice.
I did do something that might help though. I put about 10-12 in of straw in his coop, he then pushed him self to the back and his leg accidentally slipped between the straw and the back of the coop so I think in a way he got pressure off that leg, the only bad part, he got stuck there but he was safe. So unless this sounds bad maybe I can try to keep doing this at least at night. I was thinking it might be too much straw but maybe not. I assuming that since he was actually crowing this morning, it must be a good sign?
Thanks again and sorry I am probably driving you guys crazy!

I'm not quite sure what you mean about his leg slipping between the straw and the back of the coop...was it caught somehow and preventing him from moving at all? If there's a gap somewhere that he could get caught in and further his injuries, is there a way to block off the gap?

If he hadn't been crowing but is now, I'd say he's feeling closer to normal and that's a great sign.

So yes his leg was kind of stuck but it was like hanging between the coop and straw, so yes there's was kind of a gap but not one that he could fall down in.I don't think it would make his injury worse as he was content there and it did get the pressure off his leg for the night. He didn't seem upset or struggling. I am not sure how to really explain it. Its almost like a sling with straw but all by accident and it wasn't something I forced him to do, that's probably why he seemed ok. Sorry, I can't explain it too well. If he does it again I will take a picture.
I also did some physical therapy with him while all the girls were around him and he seemed quite happy but had no interest in trying to move that one leg. I moved it around and could feel everything moving properly as far as I could tell. He didn't fuss about it but he won't do it himself.

Well, it's good that he's letting you move it and as long as the girls aren't picking on him, I'd say he's much better off without the crate. Time will tell but hopefully he recovers with full mobility.

Quick update, Splinter is moving a round a little and trying to stand. I am thinking maybe it's his foot that might be broken not his leg. I think there's improvement but it may take a very long time to heal. We will stay positive and hope he will make a full recovery!

Back
Top Bottom