Rooster with bloody head and closed eyes

fin-dachickmasta

Songster
Jan 15, 2022
Hello! Yesterday my two silkie roosters got into a fight. One of them (my favorite) came out with an injured head. He has a few small cuts on his feet but I am not worried about that. The top of his head has some bloody spots and his face is covered in dried blood. His eyes are barely open. Is there anything I can do? I sprayed his cuts with Biotech (a disinfectant).
Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_5279.jpg
    IMG_5279.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5281.jpg
    IMG_5281.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5280.jpg
    IMG_5280.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5278.jpg
    IMG_5278.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 8
I'd wash the blood off with some mildly soapy water, until mostly cleaned, & apply some Triple Antibiotic Ointment(None Pain Relieving), to the wounds.

The swelling will go down in a few days.

Update: He is doing SOOOO much better! His eyes opened up and he is moving around. The other rooster is already giving him some space. I will be trying to rehome the other one because I do not have enough hens for the both of them.

Oh no! He fought through the fence and now half of his face is pale green and covered in dry blood! I am giving him oral silver and spraying his face with a disinfect. is there anything I can do? I REALLY love him! I have the other rooster locked in an old rabbit cage I have in the large coop for separating chickens. ANYTHING helps!

Oh no! He fought through the fence and now half of his face is pale green and covered in dry blood! I am giving him oral silver and spraying his face with a disinfect. is there anything I can do? I REALLY love him! I have the other rooster locked in an old rabbit cage I have in the large coop for separating chickens. ANYTHING helps!
Pictures?

Back
Top Bottom