Rooster With Hurt Beak. Please Help. !Update! He's Fine And His Beak Is Slowely Growing Back!

Oh dear, is it bleeding? Or is the break before the blood vessels?
If it is i THINK it would be OK to clip it back, as I THINK the end will grow back?
I have never had this happen to me before, but I have read other posts on here about hens and roos with broken beaks.
Hopefully someone else will come on and either verify or give you better info.

It bled a little when it happened. When I took the pictures it had been about an hour and it wasn't bleeding. He can fully close his beak now and he has started to crow again. There is a piece of beak still hanging on so he looks kinda funny. When he attempted to breed a hen he couldn't hold her neck feathers for balance because his beak was sore. That didn't end well. :D

It bled a little when it happened. When I took the pictures it had been about an hour and it wasn't bleeding. He can fully close his beak now and he has started to crow again. There is a piece of beak still hanging on so he looks kinda funny. When he attempted to breed a hen he couldn't hold her neck feathers for balance because his beak was sore. That didn't end well. :D
Well if he can close his beak now then that is a good thing.
I think if you just keep an eye out for infection, and make sure he is eating just fine, then he should be good.
Again I havent even delt with this before, but as long as he can eat and drink fine and it stays healthy he should be ok :D
Im glad to hear he is crowing for you!! :D

Thank you for your advice Sara (I read your blog
big_smile.png
)! I will post an update soon.

Back
Top Bottom