Rooster With Hurt Beak. Please Help. !Update! He's Fine And His Beak Is Slowely Growing Back!

Whitewinterwolf

Songster
8 Years
Apr 11, 2011
Massachusetts
Oh dear, is it bleeding? Or is the break before the blood vessels?
If it is i THINK it would be OK to clip it back, as I THINK the end will grow back?
I have never had this happen to me before, but I have read other posts on here about hens and roos with broken beaks.
Hopefully someone else will come on and either verify or give you better info.

LuvinChickens

Songster
7 Years
Feb 28, 2012
Northern, CA
It bled a little when it happened. When I took the pictures it had been about an hour and it wasn't bleeding. He can fully close his beak now and he has started to crow again. There is a piece of beak still hanging on so he looks kinda funny. When he attempted to breed a hen he couldn't hold her neck feathers for balance because his beak was sore. That didn't end well. :D

Whitewinterwolf

Songster
8 Years
Apr 11, 2011
Massachusetts
It bled a little when it happened. When I took the pictures it had been about an hour and it wasn't bleeding. He can fully close his beak now and he has started to crow again. There is a piece of beak still hanging on so he looks kinda funny. When he attempted to breed a hen he couldn't hold her neck feathers for balance because his beak was sore. That didn't end well. :D
Well if he can close his beak now then that is a good thing.
I think if you just keep an eye out for infection, and make sure he is eating just fine, then he should be good.
Again I havent even delt with this before, but as long as he can eat and drink fine and it stays healthy he should be ok :D
Im glad to hear he is crowing for you!! :D

LuvinChickens

Songster
7 Years
Feb 28, 2012
Northern, CA
Thank you for your advice Sara (I read your blog
big_smile.png
)! I will post an update soon.

Top Bottom