Rooster With Leg Tremors

Just wanted to ask how Rusty is doing? You're giving him extra vitamins?
Btw: I have a nice drake by the name of Rusty (he has a lot of rust color in his feathers) and he is a real sweetheart with the ducks too. The remaining 2019 Spring Ducklings have adopted him into their group and he is doing a good job together with Erpelchen to fend of the three thugs, the local serial rapists.
Hillbilly, I feel so bad. I have just gotten the correct vitamins today. Just slap me. I am now tasked with cutting the B-Complex into fours. :eek: Here’s hoping a sliver more than 1/4 won’t do much if any damage to Rusty. I suck at evenly splitting pills, even with a pill cutter. He will get his first dose today.

He's a large rooster so if you can't 1/4 the B-Complex, then give him 1/2 he will be fine.
B vitamins are water soluble so any excess is excreted in the urine, it would be hard to over dose him on just B vitamins.
Thank you. Believe it or not, the B Complex wasn’t that hard to quarter. Well, the first one wasn’t anyway.

I had the vitamins in a baggie and he followed me into my side of the coop so I seized the moment and closed the door. It was perfect he came in because I knew I would have to separate him from his hens to dose him because he always drops whatever I give him and starts calling the girls. I dropped a pinch of scratch grains on the floor, along with both vitamins, and he picked up the quarter of B Complex just like it was a piece of corn. Perfect! The fat little E soft gel was a different story. He picked it up several times and just dropped it, so I had to pop it in his beak.

Day ONE - pill 1 and pill 2 - down the hatch. Now just a little prayer that these vitamins will begin helping his tremor. He and I will both be glad!

Thank you. Believe it or not, the B Complex wasn’t that hard to quarter. Well, the first one wasn’t anyway.

I had the vitamins in a baggie and he followed me into my side of the coop so I seized the moment and closed the door. It was perfect he came in because I knew I would have to separate him from his hens to dose him because he always drops whatever I give him and starts calling the girls. I dropped a pinch of scratch grains on the floor, along with both vitamins, and he picked up the quarter of B Complex just like it was a piece of corn. Perfect! The fat little E soft gel was a different story. He picked it up several times and just dropped it, so I had to pop it in his beak.

Day ONE - pill 1 and pill 2 - down the hatch. Now just a little prayer that these vitamins will begin helping his tremor. He and I will both be glad!
Success! :yesss:

I hope he improves:fl

Hillbilly, I feel so bad. I have just gotten the correct vitamins today. Just slap me. I am now tasked with cutting the B-Complex into fours. :eek: Here’s hoping a sliver more than 1/4 won’t do much if any damage to Rusty. I suck at evenly splitting pills, even with a pill cutter. He will get his first dose today.
I'm not slapping anyone! - Except for my rapist drakes, maybe, if they continue to spread terror.
Anyways, you cannot overdose B-Vitamins! If you suck with splitting the pills, insert the whole thing into Rusty. He will just pee out the excess.
With E Vitamins it is a different story, but even there the margin for overdose is pretty high. More likely to drown him or causing a fatty liver.
Limpy always got the full pills. I was too afraid that the rough edge of a tablet might injure him or would get stuck in his throat.

I am really amazed or shocked one, but after only two doses of both vitamins the tremor in his leg has significantly decreased! Is that possible or am I imagining it?
Vitamins are magic bullets for poultry!
I have seen ducklings that looked like they would drop dead in the next moment getting B vitamins, niacin especially, running around like normal after a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom