Rooster with weird neck position.

Is anyone going to be home that would take over for you while you're away?
All I have is my neighbor who will check on them every other day.
If your run is secure for night time, you may be able to leave him with his hens, but if he's not roosting, likely he'll need a routine bum cleaning every other day or so.
Yes, my run is secure. He'll just be on the ground not in the coop though, which I feel bad that he may need to do that. If he can get in the coop though he sleeps on the floor, which is much better.
What should I do? Leave him or separate him in a prefab?

Thank you…I wish he didn’t go while I was away. I really wanted to have him buried, next to Tookie. 😔
He was a grand old rooster, you did very well taking care of him. He lived a good life.

I'm sorry that you won't be able to bury him next to Tookie, but perhaps you can place a garden stone or flower pot with his name painted on it and place it next to her.

He was a grand old rooster, you did very well taking care of him. He lived a good life.
Thanks! He did live a good long life.
I'm sorry that you won't be able to bury him next to Tookie,
I had my neighbor put his body by the graves, and I can’t get that image out of my head. His poor body sitting there, not buried…😭
but perhaps you can place a garden stone or flower pot with his name painted on it and place it next to her.
Good idea! I think I’ll do that.

Well, we got home today and found Brutus's remains in the back. Looks like the vultures got to him and dragged his body out in the open.
Just a bunch of feathers on the ground, and his skeleton. So at least he can still be buried. 😊

Back
Top Bottom