Rooster

My rooster has one eye it's completely gone it's been 7 month since this happened he has a scab growing in the inside of his eye he a constantly scratching it what can I do for the pain and itch he also has sezures

I'm sorry, can you get a clear photo of the injured eye?
Do you know what happened?

He's 7 months old? Where is he kept. His beak is overgrown and needs to be trimmed.
Is he eating o.k.? What do you feed?

Not sure what you can do about seizures. You could try giving him poultry vitamins like Poultry Cell. I would start out with giving him a direct dose for 3 days in a row, then give twice a week for a few weeks.

General care for an injured eye is the clean/flush with saline and apply an eye ointment or plain neosporin in the eye. The ointment may help with the itching, but you will want to also keep the eye cleaned of debris, so a daily flushing would be good.

He's 7 months old? Where is he kept. His beak is overgrown and needs to be trimmed.

Not sure what you can do about seizures. You could try giving him poultry vitamins like Poultry Cell. I would start out with giving him a direct dose for 3 days in a row, then give twice a week for a few weeks.

General care for an injured eye is the clean/flush with saline and apply an eye ointment or plain neosporin in the eye. The ointment may help with the itching, but you will want to also keep the eye cleaned of debris, so a daily flushing would be good.
he's a few years old already I've just been taking care of him like this for 7months he stays in the house and only goes out with me today he is acting weird h is back is turned towards the right it looks like it might be cramped he won't turn it back straight..I have him laying down now

Attachments

• IMG_20200612_100820.jpg
    IMG_20200612_100820.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20200611_093908.jpg
    IMG_20200611_093908.jpg
    572.9 KB · Views: 3
he's a few years old already I've just been taking care of him like this for 7months he stays in the house and only goes out with me today he is acting weird h is back is turned towards the right it looks like it might be cramped he won't turn it back straight..I have him laying down now
What are you feeding him?

I would get some poultry vitamins like Poultry Cell and start him on those or you can give him human vitamins which can be found at your local pharmacy like CVS, WalMart, etc. If you go with human vitamins get 400IU Vitamin E and B-Complex. Give him 1 Vitamin E and 1/2 tablet of B-Complex daily for a week. Give him some egg or tuna for the uptake of E.

I would also make sure he's eating well. Trim up his beak too.

Back
Top Bottom