Denise0708

Chirping
Apr 2, 2020
A35D94FD-7255-4FFB-A826-05B6A6A33CA8.jpeg

Hey everyone! So these are our first chickens getting. I have 10 so learned the difference in personality’s we have a bunch of different ones. We have 3, 7 months road island reds who are so friendly eat out of my hand. And 7 chicks are 16 weeks so again multiple types. Wyandotte, another road island,Australorp,orpington, and so on. We got a easter egger originally only wanting females and not a rooster but he is a rooster. Actually 16 weeks he just started roosting it was cool to hear him for the first time. So anyways my question is, is there any advice on making a rooster more personable. It won’t even give me a shot. He comes close but won’t eat out of my hand. All the others follow me around the yard.

Roosters who show respect generally do not become human aggressive. Accept and appreciate the fact that he is more reserved.

thanks! Yea he’s not aggressive. Just wish he would trust me more like as soon as I come outside all the chicken run to me just was wondering if there was something more I can do for him because he will definitely not eat out of my hand

My columbian wyandotte is like my baby she waits for me to pick her up and hand feed her but I had a week old and now she’s 16 weeks and I feel like the rooster gives her the worst time out of all of them

Sourland gave you good advice. Let your hens be pets, not your rooster. Do not hand feed him. He should keep his distance. You are off to a good start with him!

Back
Top Bottom