Rooster??

Now I'm wondering what to feed him? I was planning on giving all the pullets laying crumbles soon. I'm thinking our little man won't be needing that.
hmm.png

Do you have a picture of the saddle feathers? They're located immediately in front of the tail. If they are long, thin, and pointed, then you have a roo on your hands. Hackle feathers tell the same tale. They are located on the neck and will be long, thin, and pointy. Both the saddle and hackle feathers are normally very lustrous as well. Looking at your photos, I believe I see long pointy hackle feathers which makes me think roo. Sorry. You may get lucky and your roo won't crow. I've always found that you can kind of control the "wake up time" a little by locking them in their coop at night.

Last edited:
I have pics but it's on my laptop at home, so I'll post them later. I'll check to see if I can locate the feathers and see if I can tell what you're talking about. So far, no noise from our handsome lady...
wink.png

Yep, that's a boy all the way. See how the feathers over the back in front of the tail are coming in really skinny, dark, and shiny??? That and you can see the definite points on the hackle feathers. He's going to make a very handsome roo.

Yeah, I noticed those feathers while I was taking the pic. He's very handsome and very alert and curious. I wasn't ready for a rooster so now I need to read up on them.

Back
Top Bottom