Roosters Bullying Hens!!

You should always have a place(or 2 or 3) to isolate any bird that needs it.
Could be due to aggression, or broody, or ill.
You are right, I should have clarified! I do have places to isolate if need be, but frankly it takes extra work and time that I'd rather not spend on a rooster:) I guess what I'm asking is, if any of you have dealt with this type of situation before and if so, how did you resolve the issue?

You do not have two roosters, you have two immature cockerels. Each of your three mature hens can have different personalities or other differences. I don't know why they are attacking two of your mature hens and not the other but it is because of their differences.

I don't have an easy way to remove him and then reintroduce. It's either keep him in the flock or off to freezer camp!
With this restriction I'd eat one cockerel and see what happens when there is only one. You may wind up eating the other one later. If you could isolate them I'd say to keep the boys separate for a couple of months to give them a chance to grow up and try reintroducing one of them. But you don't give that as an option.

You do not have two roosters, you have two immature cockerels. Each of your three mature hens can have different personalities or other differences. I don't know why they are attacking two of your mature hens and not the other but it is because of their differences.

With this restriction I'd eat one cockerel and see what happens when there is only one. You may wind up eating the other one later. If you could isolate them I'd say to keep the boys separate for a couple of months to give them a chance to grow up and try reintroducing one of them. But you don't give that as an option.
Thanks for the advice! I will be culling one and hopefully that will resolve the issue!

Back
Top Bottom