Roosters crow.....

Chicken7777

Songster
13 Years
Oct 10, 2008
North Jersey
Hello everyone! I just wanted to know, is there a way that i can prevent a rooster from crowing? I dont want to sound unhumane but is there a way to not allow him to crow? I am asking this because i would love to buy a true ameracauna rooster to breed him to my easter egger hens but i really cant have the noise around.

I would appreciate the help, thanks!

When you find out how to keep a roo from crowing, let me know! Maybe the same trick works to keep babies from crying, and dogs from barking, and cats from meowing, and my kids from whining, and people on the airplane sitting next to me from trying to have a conversation, and the train that goes right by my house from whistling, and ...

NOPE you'll just have to come to terms with it. I asked the same question and the crowing still continues because it would be like trying to keep the wind from blowing.

If you can't have the noise around, then don't bother getting a rooster. There isn't any way to prevent them from crowing. That's what they do and they are proud of it! Sorry to be disheartening, but there isn't anyway to prevent it.

Thank you all for the help here..........i hope you guys didnt take me asking for this as unhumane becuase i just wanted to know........well i guess i will think twice on getting that rooster!

But thanks again!

Actually ... there is a way, but they're difficult to breed from the freezer.

hide.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom