Roosters eye swollen shut please help!

oliviaandjosh4

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 28, 2014
Today I noticed one of my rooster's eyes was messed up looking so I looked at him closer and I'm not sure if he's missing the eyeball completely or if it swollen shut. He is acting fine. This just randomly happened, yesterday his eye was fine! What could have caused this & how do I treat it? I will post picture below, thanks in advance!

All my other chickens are fine btw

my mouse lost an eye and it looked Just like that, probably try actually opening it? if it dosent then it might have come out,
it happens when they poke their eye or it got fight with other rooster.
give it a few more days, might be infected, it sure wint be able to mate properly if the only direction it can see in is straight left.
sorry hope this helps!

Take your fingers and open the eye, and look inside. You may have to wait until he is asleep on the roost tonight, and take a flashlight or headlamp with you. There may be pus inside the eye, or just swelling , and could be from a respiratory disease such as MG or coryza. Stings and pecks also can cause swelling in the eye. Let us know what you find.

Sorry I forgot to comment back on here with update, the next morning when I let him out of the coop his eye was starting to open back up & now it is back to normal. I guess it healed itself on it's own, still not sure as to what caused it.

Back
Top Bottom