Rooster's Feathered feet look bad!

https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/medicine-chart

This chart gives general dosage and usage of different meds.

For scaly leg mites it says ivermectin can be used but to drip it up the legs or rub it in under the scales. Not sure how practical that is.

I'd probably end up wearing more then the chickens.
Wow, that sounds Crazy!!
I'd read that an oral or injectible dose of Ivermectin could be given for scaly leg mites, including 5-7 drops (for a bantam) according to Gail Damerow - but the source I read didn't specify whether the drops were oral or injected...!

What about trying the gasoline?
If he has any sores or irritated areas from banged -up feathers, then I don't want to use it. Otherwise, I know it kills the nits and works quickly. I couldn't treat him yesterday. The minute I see his feet look like they can take it, I'd do it. One of my hens now is showing some raising of scales (and she has bare feet), so I'll be using it on hers.

I was hoping his feet would be free from sore spots so you could use the gasoline. Update whether the gasoline works on the hen!
I know it's been a long time since I started this thread, but I forgot to update with results! The gasoline and Vaseline regimen did the trick! 3 treatments and done. My chickens' feet and legs have looked great - and no biting at them - since I treated them in late October. :) And my rooster started growing feathers on his feet again almost immediately after.

Back
Top Bottom