roosters feet are swollen

They are six to seven months. They are eating egg layers crumble mixed with cracked corn. They are drinking medicated water. Ill post some pictures of what their feet look like when the coloring of the Blue Kite wears off because all u can see is purpleright now. I have picture of what the blisters when they had them. The blisters are gone now.I do not see any black spots yet. Will the swelling go down
If it was me I would get them off the Layer Feed. Layer feed has way to much calcium of non-laying fowl, can do more harm than good and also cause gout in non laying fowl. You would be better off feeding the a good Starter/ Grower, All Flock or better yet a Game Bird Grower.
What is the Medication that you are putting in there water? Are you feeding anything other than there feed?

Chris

Yes, I'm thinking that the op's birds may have gout.

Is the feet of your birds black anywhere? If so spray there feet with Tinactin and then coat them with Organic Coconut Oil.

Chris
No her feet are her regular slate colour. I sprayed with Blue Kote after I lanced, and wish I hadn't, as it's hard to tell now if it were to change.

I have coconut oil, and I doubt it would hurt to try it either way. Thanks for the advice.

I was glad I saw her jump in the bucket. It could have been much worse.

Back
Top Bottom