Roosters fighting abnormally long

no foolin? Certain breeds are more likely to fight. While Cubalaya aren’t exactly game cocks they aren’t salmon faverolles either. Gotta read between the lines a little or I suppose I can continue to explain everything.
I mentioned that in my first reply. But not everyone knows that certain breeds fight more than others, which I also explained.

I mentioned that in my first reply. But not everyone knows that certain breeds fight more than others, which I also explained.
I wasn’t responding to you and didn’t even read any of your replies.
Cubalaya aren’t exactly as common as most breeds so I trust the research was done before getting them. Maybe not.

You quoted me with your "no foolin'" comment. But whatever
Seriously? I quoted you after you quoted me and said “lots of people are able to keep 2 or more roosters in the same flock” not your previous posts where you mentioned the roosters are similar to gamefowl and cornish like your saying.

Thanks for the advice, all. Sounds like splitting em up is the only option, save for culling him (which, rest assured, if it is done will be done swiftly, along with the ones we're culling in a week or two for food. the idea of letting them fight to the death like shadrach said is downright inhumane and, i really don't mean to be rude, but pretty ridiculous. would just end up with one dead chicken and one exhausted, injured chicken).
I'm not sure if i have enough hens at the moment for a proper 2 flocks. We'll be getting more next year, but at the moment we've got 11.

Cull if you are going to eat him, if not give him away if you don't have the room for 2 flocks. This is just the nature of chickening.

Also, I agree that Shadrach's answer is a bit on the... controversial side of things... but keep in mind we have many different cultures of people on here and you're not required to take any one person's advice. ;)

Seriously? I quoted you after you quoted me and said “lots of people are able to keep 2 or more roosters in the same flock” not your previous posts where you mentioned the roosters are similar to gamefowl and cornish like your saying.
Because it sounded like you were saying anyone thinking more than one male per flock was possible was deluded. But apologies. I really didn't mean to start a fight, I just must have read into your comment wrong

Because it sounded like you were saying anyone thinking more than one male per flock was possible was deluded. But apologies. I really didn't mean to start a fight, I just must have read into your comment wrong
No worries. 😉 I do read the OP post when answering so I did mean Cubalayas in this case specifically.

Back
Top Bottom