Rooster's fighting??? Help!!

Missymac

Songster
8 Years
Mar 24, 2011
NY
I am pretty sure I know what the answer is going to be but I am going to ask anyways. I currently have about 30 hens(my siggy is off) and 4 roosters. One is a large RIR x silkie(1yr). He is very sweet to me(now) although up until yesterday when I added a black sex linked to the flock he thought I was his girlfriend. He is the head ROO. I have a 4 month old EE roo who doesn't crow and is not dominate in anyway, he just hangs out and everyone likes him. I have a black silkie Roo(1yr) who is very docile and pretty much avoids confrontation. He has his 2 silkie females and my RIR x silkie seems to respect that as he has all the rest of the girls and doesn't bother with the silkie. Now here is the problem. I have a blue breasted phoenix bantam roo(1 yr) That I added to the flock with the silkies and a couple of others. He insists on tormenting my big boy. The big boy out weighs him by about 5lbs, however, he doesn't have sturs. The bantam does. When ever the big one crows, the banty suddenly feels the urge to crow as well, then beat his wings and do a little dance. Which in turn sets of the RIRx silkie. Then the dive and dunk each other grabbing each others combs and until I go over and grab them each by some body part they keep going at it. The banty is currently locked in a kennel in the run. I am worried that this banty's behavior is going to turn my relatively calm Roo mean. Is there anyway to stop the fighting? Or is rehoming the banty the only option?

I doubt there's any way to stop the fighting since it's already started. The new rooster is gunning for the top, and the only way for things to calm down will probably be to get rid of the new guy.

this is what I do one day I have my rir roosters in with the others then the next day put him in the kennel and let my modern game bantam out with the others thats wat i do it works and they are so nice to me but not to eachother

Back
Top Bottom