roosters got into it....again

crazy rooster34

Songster
May 28, 2016
ok so yes this is the second rooster scuffle I've had in the last year but one of my roosters is finding a new homes anyway one of my roosters is keeping one eye shut. There is no injury on or near the eye and when i examined it further he seems to be able to see out of it he just keeps it closed. Also he will eat and drink for a few minutes and then just stand there and shut his eyes for a bit then continue to do this until he decides to go lay in a nesting box (he's in my second coop alone) and he will curl up close both his eyes and lay his head on the bottom of the box and sometimes even let his head touch the floor while he is standing up. Now he does his normal behavior except moving a lot, he makes noise, eats and drinks, and can jump and walk good when he does, i cleaned the few wounds he had and applied beta dyne to them and gave him access to plenty of food and water and separated him, is there anything else i can do for him or will he just have to recover on his own, i plan on giving him scrambled eggs and electrolytes. and did anything he's doing sound unusual for a injured rooster, he didn't have many wounds except for one or two on his comb. one other thing is theres a small bump in his wattles and it almost feels like it has a pulse, he did get a injury there from putting his head in places it shouldn't be, there isn't any puss in it from what i can tell, any help is greatly appreciated thanks.

I am unable to make sense of what is needed. Can you specify in in a couple of short sentences?
i just was wondering if anything he is doing is a sign of something seriously wrong with him, i know he will be hurt for a few days but i was just worried about his eye

i can later, its weird he's opened it about halfway and can see out of it but it looks to be drooped down, like i can see the the white above his eye and when he tried to open it all the way i could only see about 3/4 of his entire eye

Back
Top Bottom