Roosters MUST go ASAP :( NE Philli PA

Status
Not open for further replies.
CL shouldn't remove any listing because of a cities ordinance.... You can live outside the city and still use CL. If you are putting them up "as pets" or "to a good home" that is against CL rules and the flag police will remove it fast. Just charge $1 and they will leave it up. Also... don't use the word "pets". CL says pets are not allowed to be sold but livestock is. ... think livestock.

Anywho. I really hope you find good homes for them. I seriously would take them all and foster them until they found the right home... just that darn 15+ hour drive to go get them.

Try another city that CL has nearby. It is ok.... but reword your ad a tad... if it is exact wording they will "kick it" before it even posts. I live inbetween Knoxville and Chattanooga and use both CL pages without a problem.

Quote:
Of course not! The UK is much more kind towards animals than (most of) the US. Don't get me started. I'm the daughter of a European mother and I think that makes me more open to seeing these types things.

Anywho... to answer your question, each city, county, and state are different... but generally a rooster wouldn't stand a chance in a municiple shelter and might even be put straight to death.

Now, there are exceptions... but really, they are few and far inbetween. Most municiple shelters are more like jails. (can you tell I'm very passionate about this subject?)

Speaking of! POSSIBLE SOLUTION: What about chicken or farm or just any ol' type shelter? I know they exist. I search petfinder sometimes to see if there is anything I would like to adopt. Might be worth a drive to take them to a private no-kill shelter. Think about it... I'll search petfinder to try to help out.

Sorry to be taking over your thread... but ....

Animal Rescue League of Berks County (PA) has roosters so they take them.

Maranatha Farm's Animal Sanctuary & Treatment Center

Last Chance Ranch Animal Rescue

All three Pennsylvania shelters who take chickens. There are even more in NJ and NY....

I think that is what you should do. Call these people and see if they have room for a couple more. No harm in asking!

Quote:
Exactly.... list as livestock; I had to list a few of my roos that way. Never had a problem.

If you have a problems with your city, pick a city nearby and possibly mention that you are willing to meet the person within a reasonable distance. A rest area, McDonald's parking lot, etc. are some thoughts.

While we are on the subject of having to ditch a rooster, I have one I need to find a home for. He is a pretty gray guy, but I live in town and can't have him. He too was a surprise, the neighbors kids hatched out eggs at school and asked if we would take a few of the babies, thinking I might get a hen or two I took them. Well one was a hen and the other a rooster. He was hatched out the first of May. Not too bad, can be a butt in the mornings but is really a pushover. Kids haul him around and spoil him. I wanted to make him dinner but they will disown us if he goes in the pot.

So if somebody is in the Lexington/Georgetown KY area and wants a rooster let me know.

Email address is [email protected].

Jennifer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom