Roosters!!! need a home for them

breezer

Hatching
7 Years
Jan 31, 2012
Hi..
i am new to urnab farming. I bought 5 chicks from local feed store 3 months ago. told me they were all hens. found out 2 of them roosters. i need help finding the roosters homes.. They are an Amerucuana and a rhode island red. healthy and range free.
giving them away for free to good home.
I live in scottsdale arizona.. need advice asap.
thanks

welcome-byc.gif

Unfortunately this is a situation many people find themselves in when they least expected it. Honestly, my first suggestion would be to read up in the meaties section on how to process them humanely, and enjoy a couple of nice meals with your family. Its not something anyone really enjoys doing but with many more roosters hatched than are needed in this world, it is a fact of life, and in my opinion it is more humane to let them live a good life and process when they come of age, than to eat commercial chicken.

However if you really can't stomach the thought, your next best bet is to advertize for homes for them on Craigslist. Keep in mind though, that people who respond to the ad may well be looking for a free or cheap meal for their own families.

thanks for yur help..
i wil lsee what i can do.. otherwise chicken dinner. will have my hubby handle that..
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom