Roosters or Hens???

How old are they? The combs on all are mighty red. Okay if they are 18 weeks old as they could be hens getting ready to lay. Not so okay if they are chicks 8 weeks old - that red at that age & they are roos.

The only one I suspect of being a roo at this time is the darker one in the center of pic #2 with 2 pullets (which I believe is the same roo on the hostas in pic #1). Because of the shadows and angles, it is a bit difficult to tell how many birds I'm looking at. An age would help me be a bit more certain. I wish my wyandotte was as beautiful as yours.

How old are they? The combs on all are mighty red. Okay if they are 18 weeks old as they could be hens getting ready to lay. Not so okay if they are chicks 8 weeks old - that red at that age & they are roos.
they maybe 8 to 10 weeks old. i bought them from a individual and i dont know how old they were. i am guessing they were around a week or two when i got them and that was the first of april so maybe 8 to 10 weeks and thats a guess. i am really only concerned about 2 of them. i am pretty sure two of them are hens.

The only one I suspect of being a roo at this time is the darker one in the center of pic #2 with 2 pullets (which I believe is the same roo on the hostas in pic #1). Because of the shadows and angles, it is a bit difficult to tell how many birds I'm looking at. An age would help me be a bit more certain. I wish my wyandotte was as beautiful as yours.
yes thats the same one i suspect as a rooster. i am kinda suspicious of the one in the last picture also. yes it is the same in #2 as no. 1. i am guessing the age is around 8 to 10 weeks. i bought them from an individual. crazy me didnt even ask how old they were but they looked to be one or two weeks when i got them and that was the first of april before easter. oh yes i think they are beautiful and soft as silk. they are all very sweet but you know there is always one that is the sweetest and thats the one in the last pic. but they are all loving and will all get up in my lap and rest. sweet little things i am so excited to have them. i also have a buff orpington and barred rock hens. they are slowly getting used to the little ones.

Back
Top Bottom