Rooster’s Bright Red Comb n Face Turning Light Pink

My Honey

Hatching
Dec 24, 2021
My Rooster is very happy with a great appetite n good poop. However within the past month, I noticed his bright red comb n face turning very pale (light pink). A friend said he may possibly be anemic. What foods are best n safe for him to get his color back? I’m getting worried about him. He’s 3 years young.🙏

Attachments

• 9E26B18C-D876-47C7-B6CA-4D8620EE38AB.png
    9E26B18C-D876-47C7-B6CA-4D8620EE38AB.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 35
Inspect him closely for lice/mites, especially around his vent area where it's warm and moist. Mites suck blood, cause anemia, then death. Consider worming him while you're at it.
Other than mites or possibly worms, as long as he's eating, drinking, crowing and acting like a rooster should, I wouldnt worry about it.

Inspect him closely for lice/mites, especially around his vent area where it's warm and moist. Mites suck blood, cause anemia, then death. Consider worming him while you're at it.
Other than mites or possibly worms, as long as he's eating, drinking, crowing and acting like a rooster should, I wouldnt worry about it.
Why thank you so much for responding so quickly! Will the worms also be in his poop? Been checking that regularly n it seems ok. May need a friend to help me check vent area. There’s not enough bugs/insects on the ground so he gets about 20 live mealworms a day. Is that okay?

Back
Top Bottom