Roosting bar confusion

Norma_Lorp

Songster
May 14, 2019
New England
today I removed one of my two roosting bars bc the two girls who’d use the bottom one would get pooped on by the top girls. Added a new bar further away from the line of fire. Not much different in where it was but 100% better. I went to close the coop door for bedtime and one is sleeping in a nesting box and one sleeping on floor directly under two top girls, worse than before as for getting pooped on. Will this confusion of where to sleep end or do I have to do something? They were so used to their spot on the old one, same spot every night for 5months. Also, These two don’t like to be handled.

Last edited:
today I removed one of my two roosting bars bc the two girls who’d use the bottom one would get pooped on by the top girls. Added a new bar further away from the line of fire. Not much different in where it was but 100% better. I went to close the coop door for bedtime and one is sleeping in a nesting box and one sleeping on floor directly under two top girls, worse than before as for getting pooped on. Will this confusion of where to sleep end or do I have to do something? They were so used to their spot on the old one, same spot every night for 5months. Also, These two don’t like to be handled.

They will probably get over the change and go back to the bars. But if they don’t you can sneak in after dark and move them to the new bars. They’ll probably be too sleepy to protest much.

Back
Top Bottom