Roosting Bar???

Deviant

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 9, 2012
Fluvanna
I am building a 3 by 5 coop. I have read on here about them and it says "usually opposite the side of the nesting boxes" BUT I am making nesting boxes on both sides of the house. Should I just put it near the back so clean up is easier?

I was going to put 2 or 3 roosting bars in here that are about 10 to 14 inches apart. I have 6 chicks now but I am getting 4 more Saturday.

I know for laying privacy keeping traffic away from the nesting boxes is preferred. Most laying isn't during roosting hours so roost placement nearby shouldn't be a problem. What I have learned is that you want your roost bars higher than the nests so that the herbs won't sleep in them. You could run your bar(s) between the walls, to span the area between the nests. I hope that was somewhat helpful Good luck

Yea I was thinking about running them wall to wall and make them out of 2x4's

I will have a 12x12 run also and i am doing the 8 nesting boxes because I am just trying to plan ahead for when I have more.

I know I am new BUT I think I am HOOKED I am looking at building a bigger coop already and I have not even finished my 1st one lol

Back
Top Bottom