Roosts and Dropping Board Sizes?

I'm trying pine flakes on my poop board for now.
20190530_211606.jpg

Had not got to specific of tools, it occurred that I would use something like a cat litter scoop but have no experience to know whether that would work.

I use a cat litter scoop but I have access to both sides of my 5' x 4' poop board. I keep the PDZ 1/2" thick so the scoop works better and wet poop has more PDZ to soak it up.

JT

Since I posted a potentially misleading photo earlier (the ladies were a lot smaller), figured I would post something from last night's roosting session. 10 birds still only using about 5 feet of roost. @aart 's comment about needing more roost space for jostling and adjusting position still stands as totally true though.

First is when they were awake and jostling (still light outside), second photo is after dark when they look dead with droopy heads.

kftY6pE.png

Sr1lzbm.png

Since I posted a potentially misleading photo earlier (the ladies were a lot smaller), figured I would post something from last night's roosting session. 10 birds still only using about 5 feet of roost. @aart 's comment about needing more roost space for jostling and adjusting position still stands as totally true though.

First is when they were awake and jostling (still light outside), second photo is after dark when they look dead with droopy heads.

Is the favorite roost higher than the other one?

JT

Back
Top Bottom