Ropapoultry Complete Question

rlhagan56

Songster
11 Years
Mar 10, 2012
Out West
Is this put in fresh water daily by dumping out the old water every morning, or added to water then use the water up before dosing again? Hope that made sense.

I'm not familiar with that additive. What do the package directions say?

Regardless, when using any kind of water additive it's important to also offer a second waterer with a supply of pure, unaltered water as well. The only exception being when treating a flock for an active disease by adding medicine to the water.

They want you to mix a fresh batch every day - so you'll use more product, and need to buy more, sooner. I used the product back in 2019/2020 - I don't know how it's changed since then, but there was nothing in it that would spoil or go rancid in 24 hours. I don't remember if it tended to separate over time. My chickens hated it, so I started mixing a small shot of it into their wet feed every morning, just to get rid of it. Keep in mind, you don't have to mix up a full gallon of it every time, it can be scaled down to meet your needs. Weird side note, the manufacturer doesn't list it on their website any more, but My Pet Chicken still does...

Back
Top Bottom