1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rose comb Leghorns

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by AtRendeAcres, Dec 25, 2009.

1. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    Does anyone have Rose Comb Leghorns from Ideal or McMurray?

can you tell me how they lay?
    how old they are?
    temperment?
    were you bought them?

2. dtm

dtm Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2009
    I'm pretty sure leghorns are only single comb. I've never heard of a rose comb.

3. SED

SED Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    North West Alabama
    They do have a Rosecomb Leghorn breed and I am considering ordering some of the Brown Leghorns. I do not have any yet. Here is the picture from Murray McMurray.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  4. davidb

davidb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2008
    north east Georgia
    I would like to know also I was thinking of ordering some too

5. FeatherFluff

FeatherFluff Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2008
    NC-VA border
    I have 2 RC hens from McMurray. They will be 2 years old at the end of February. Both girls are very pretty; neither is laying right now, they don't seem to be much of a winter layer but they are very reliable the rest of the year. The only drawback is that they are fairly skittish, but I have heard that is not uncommon for a Leghorn. Hope that helps you a bit.

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    My brother once got some RC leghorns. They were nice looking... did better in the cold, cold winter

7. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    A friend had two bantam brown leghorns that were wonderful little birds. I don't know where they came from, but they are just friendly little hens and lay pretty regularly as well.

8. JennieRD

JennieRD Chillin' With My Peeps

Looking for Hatching eggs, juveniles, or adult Rose Comb Leghorns of any color meeting breed standard, small flaws not a concern ! Not hatchery grade!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by