Rosecomb Thread

Pics
Wow all of them are so pretty! This might be a dumb question, but I've never even seen a rosecomb in person
tongue.png
. Are rosecombs an actual breed, or just the comb type?
idunno.gif

An actual breed. They are an old breed from England. They were included in the first APA Standard in 1874. Rosecombs are what's known as a true bantam. They do not have a large fowl counterpart as many other bantams do.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I am getting a trio of black RC's this saturday from Bill Pattersons bloodline. Any thoughts? I have been raising exotic pigeons for a few years but before that i raised RC's and bantam sumatras. My last account was 4hillsumatras. Here are a few pics of my last RC's. I will post pics of the pair when I get them sat.

Thanks

@pouterguy,
Nice! What kind of pigeons did and do you keep, and why the shift back and fourth? i couldn't keep my chickens, then started watching a friends (he had chickens that was allowed for some reason as fam are mexican) american roller pair perform, it was great, and well still have pigeons. lol

Hi all,
I am getting a trio of black RC's this saturday from Bill Pattersons bloodline. Any thoughts? I have been raising exotic pigeons for a few years but before that i raised RC's and bantam sumatras. My last account was 4hillsumatras. Here are a few pics of my last RC's. I will post pics of the pair when I get them sat.

Thanks

Bill has one of the top 3 or 4 lines in the country. Actually, there's really only one top line as the top breeders swap birds back & forth all the time.

@pouterguy,
Nice! What kind of pigeons did and do you keep, and why the shift back and fourth? i couldn't keep my chickens, then started watching a friends (he had chickens that was allowed for some reason as fam are mexican) american roller pair perform, it was great, and well still have pigeons. lol
Well,its a REALLY long story but i do miss showing and the competition. I raise rare colored homers(25+ colors),spanish pouters(picas and moroncelos),horseman pouters and will soon have Gaditano pouters. Im looking forward to the birds from bills line saturday. One of the hens took reserve RC and ROCCL at the Ohio National a few years back and the cock took best ROCCL and best of breed in a SC show. He orginaly paid $300 for the trio from Bill when they were young birds. Hopefully will be showing the Nov.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom