Rosecomb Thread

Rosecomb do come in a variety of colors. My older Blue Rosecomb died this spring at 7 years of age. His son just died June 25 at the age of 5. His hens were laying and all their eggs are under broody hens with hatch due middle of July. I'm hoping for some chicks to carry the color and huge white lobes. One hen is Blue and the other is a Black.
My pair of Duckwing RC have smaller lobes but are laying now and those eggs will go under a Bantam Cochin cross that is getting nesty right now.

Because Rosecomb are poor layers and rarely broody, other Bantam breeds make good mothers. I've used OEGB and d'Anver with success. The surprise accidental Bantam Cochin crossed with OEGB and Rosecomb last winter that hatched in the barn have made nice Bantam mothers too.

Rosecomb do come in a variety of colors. My older Blue Rosecomb died this spring at 7 years of age. His son just died June 25 at the age of 5. His hens were laying and all their eggs are under broody hens with hatch due middle of July. I'm hoping for some chicks to carry the color and huge white lobes. One hen is Blue and the other is a Black.
My pair of Duckwing RC have smaller lobes but are laying now and those eggs will go under a Bantam Cochin cross that is getting nesty right now.

Because Rosecomb are poor layers and rarely broody, other Bantam breeds make good mothers. I've used OEGB and d'Anver with success. The surprise accidental Bantam Cochin crossed with OEGB and Rosecomb last winter that hatched in the barn have made nice Bantam mothers too.
Photos? I would love to see your duckwings!

Hi members, I wanted to ask if anyone could point me in the direction of some white rosecombs or hatching eggs. My father and myself raised many different breeds of bantams in the 70s and 80s but our white rosecomb was by far his favorite. I lost my dad in 1992 and with him I also lost my interest in raising chickens. We had people from all over the eastern United States come and by whites from us and now I can't find any at all. If by some chance any of you ever bought birds from Herman Teem Sr in Ellijay Ga please get in touch with me. Also if anyone has a lead on white rosecomb birds or eggs please let me know. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom