Rosemary

Quote:
I don't know if it is good in chicken, but its great on it. Thats what I think rosemary goes best with, is chicken. I make a chicken porabella soup that is essentially chicken, portabellas, tomato sauce and a handful of fresh rosemary. You can eat it over pasta, or alone as soup with parm. cheese. Everyone loves it. Start using that rosemary! I'm gonna grow some of my own fresh this year.

I have horse radish in my pen, chickens leave it alone and it gives them shade in summer.

How far north can you safely grow rosemary?

Quote:
Yep, I've had the same experience. They leave the rosemary, catnip, onions, garlic, sage, and oregano alone. They do pick at the thyme sometimes.
The LOVE carrot tops, though, and I'm afraid they'll get into my parsley for the same reason (didn't have any last year).

Quote:
I have big plants in my yard that wintered over really well. I harvested 4 quarts of dried rosemary and included it with other herbs in my Christmas baskets.

I love it on/in roast chicken. Fill the cavity up with rosemary, garlic (skin and all), onion and lemon rinds then slow roast. Yummy!

I also love it with tender young lamb!

Back
Top Bottom