Rotary Dial Cell Phone!!!

Quote:
bet you walked to school in the snow too. uphill. both ways.
gig.gif

that's ok, I did too
lol.png

I still have a corded phone, push button with no redial for when the power goes out. Cordless ones are useless then.

And I still remember my phone number as a child. It was BU 4-3799 (BUTLER 4-3799 or, 284-3799 before you needed the area code).

Well I wasn't born in THAT age of telephones of hand cranked ones but just seeing it on the Waltons makes me think of it.

I remember the four numbers when I looked at old telephone directory books while I was doing research on my family tree. funny how many people have telephones back in the 40s and 50s than they did at the turn of the century.

I bet some of the telephone companies repair techy guys would go ooooooooooooh's and aaaaaaaaaaaah's over OLD telephones that needs to be in their collections! Heck I would let them have the darn thing if I have it!

Quote:
Speckie hen!!

I knew I would lure you out of those mountains to speak your piece about dated phones.
tongue.png

I wouldnt doubt, you being up there, you still would have two empty tomato cans tied together with a mile of bailing wire as phones.
lau.gif

Quote:
Speckie hen!!

I knew I would lure you out of those mountains to speak your piece about dated phones.
tongue.png

I wouldnt doubt, you being up there, you still would have two empty tomato cans tied together with a mile of bailing wire as phones.
lau.gif

lau.gif
ala the Progresso commercial, eh?

Yep, fulton8-xxxx (still dad's number too) we had a "phone table" like a sideways school desk. Phone books were stored in the open part of the desk. I actually still have the phone chair,just now you can get up while you talk.
tongue.png

And don't get me going with the phone books!
A customer left his credit card in the store the other day, it was impossible to find him.
I went online, and if I wanted, I could PAY for a search.
All I wanted to do was call him... ugh

Back
Top Bottom