Rotary Dial Cell Phone!!!

gmendoza

Songster
9 Years
Mar 23, 2010
Rock Hill,SC
I WANT ONE!!!

52004_imagesca0meolp.jpg

Now this is the ultimate "Dumb" phone. Poop on the smart phones!!

Last edited:
lau.gif

Oh I remember the rotary dial phones with "doggy bone" type hand set that you listen to. And the wire that wraps around you when you talk alot, standing in one place and you only can go so far with that wire that tethers you there.

And I was a serious walker on those phones!

When I got my first place, mom gave me a new rotary phone with a long cord and said "Now, go walk around and break your own stuff!"
lau.gif

Quote:
I remember them too.Im an old goat as well.No spring chicken here. We had the fancy-schmancy one before we got contemporized and got the dog bone one.

You could only goo as far as the cord let you,and would kink up often.

Wall hanging ones, desk types..you can walk with those LOL! Except for the desk ones, it would jump ship if you go too far from your tether!

Cats like to play on the cords, ended up someone keeps getting a busy signal on your end.

I like the "purr" sound it makes when you push the number holes down. Mech. noise it makes when it is dialing the number you are using. Neato!

Now those hand cranked ones, I never could figure those out. The "candlebra" type phones, they are easy enough!

Quote:
Very Steampunk!

Oh I remember the rotary dial phones with "doggy bone" type hand set that you listen to. And the wire that wraps around you when you talk alot, standing in one place and you only can go so far with that wire that tethers you there.

I still have one and use it.

Imp​

Last edited:
My number was Chapel9-4886
Amd my zip was RFD-2
And I remember gas was .29 cents a gallon.
I can't find my glasses, either.
Ouch

Back
Top Bottom