Rouen duck egg production?

I have to say, my Rouens are the most social and inquisitive of the flock, while they aren’t runners, Campbell’s or certainly not 300’s they are pretty fair layers, and I like the size of mine, big enough to be hardy, not so big as to be plagued with issues, should have gotten 6 of em, they call to me whenever I’m outside and they hear my voice or whenever I pull in the driveway. Makes me smile

I have to say, my Rouens are the most social and inquisitive of the flock, while they aren’t runners, Campbell’s or certainly not 300’s they are pretty fair layers, and I like the size of mine, big enough to be hardy, not so big as to be plagued with issues, should have gotten 6 of em, they call to me whenever I’m outside and they hear my voice or whenever I pull in the driveway. Makes me smile

That is really amazing and cool!

Thank you.

Are they pretty friendly?
My two Rouens are still in the house, their coop is coming next week for me to move them outside, and they are so affectionate. I have converted a large dog crate for them into a pen and I let them out to walk around and play. I can’t walk past them without them sticking their beak out for me to scratch their forehead. They love to be held and pet. Very friendly little ducks

All 4 of mine are sweet they're so jealous if I give my pekins love first they will push them out of the way which is funny because they are half the size of the pekins but I can't walk past the coops or even outside without them calling to me mine have not started to lay yet but the ones I had in the past were ok layer's not great but ok mine are pets so it really doesn't matter to me if they lay any they are fun to watch and I love duckie kisses yet I know how weird but I love it

Back
Top Bottom