Rouen Duck Genders???

big_smile.png
Hi! I have two Rouen ducks and one Peking. The white one is a girl, but the Rouens I don't know. We get two eggs a day (a white one from Al the Peking duck and a greenish-white one from one of the others, Archie or Esther).
My brother thinks they're both girls, and that Esther, the smaller Rouen, is just a runt. The rest of us think not, and could use some help determining their genders!
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

big_smile.png
Hi! I have two Rouen ducks and one Peking. The white one is a girl, but the Rouens I don't know. We get two eggs a day (a white one from Al the Peking duck and a greenish-white one from one of the others, Archie or Esther).
My brother thinks they're both girls, and that Esther, the smaller Rouen, is just a runt. The rest of us think not, and could use some help determining their genders!
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
They are both rouens because they both have the two lines along their eyes (one underneath). Mallards only have one.

I know this is an old post, but I just came across it now and wanted to say that those are some very adorable duckies you've got there. They remind me of my girls so cute. This is Freddie she resembles the more petite one, I think. From what I've heard, rouens have 2 stripes, mallards have a stripe and a dash

Attachments

• IMG_20240127_154300.jpg
    IMG_20240127_154300.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 0
I know this is an old post, but I just came across it now and wanted to say that those are some very adorable duckies you've got there. They remind me of my girls so cute. This is Freddie she resembles the more petite one, I think. From what I've heard, rouens have 2 stripes, mallards have a stripe and a dash
She’s beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom