Rouen Duck thread

Pics
Well we got our ducks the same time we had our chickens so I believe she was about 6 weeks old she was fuzzy no feathers when we got her so she is about 5-6 months old

At 6 weeks they completely feathered or very close to it. So if there was no feathers she would of had to been no older than about 2 weeks roughly.

This was the day we got them

Do they look like the duck in the picture for wing growth? If so than they will need to be somewhere warmer during the night but they might be fine during the day as long as they can get out of the cold. Can you get a better pic of the possible angel wing? And how long has the wing been like that? If its been there for awhile it isn't fixable but if you caught it early enough it can be reversed.

Its only been like this for a day or two and yes the ducks are this far in wing growth we had them out for a night and they seemed fine and they have a heat lamp.

Last edited:
ok so that means shes like 4 months old so a few more months? or will she lay during winter?

Have faith my petunia didn't start laying until late at least a month late but now she lays a egg everyday for me and she lays green tinted eggs which are very unique and cool!

But she is my most reliable layer, she out lays my 9 chickens and hasn't missed a day since she started laying
1f44d.png

Possible Rouens coming as I type this!!! My first ever duckling hatch out of my first ever ducks out of my first ever incubator I have made!!!!

Sorry for the mess in there, chicks just hatched a few days ago in there.

The blue arrow is pointing to an egg that I can actually see through the shell and see the duckling moving around in there just sitting there like it is.

C'MON DUCKLINGS, GET OUT OF THERE....
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom