Rouen Duck thread

Pics
Wow that a lot of acres. I thought I had a lot. I have 41 acres. Love the pic's!
Thanks! You have a nice chunk of ground! I find it inspiring what people are doing with just an acre or even less these days and it made me realize how wasteful I am with my ground....working on that now. 41 acres will hold a pile of ducks....
big_smile.png

New BYC member here, Long time lurker! these forums have helped me greatly w/my chickens...
But i've recently rescued 8 rouens from a bad farm...they had them in a rabbit cage 8(

will post our new duck run pic. when i get them taken.
they were 4 weeks+ in this photo.
thank you all for the help and advice.

I am new to ducks so I'm learning as I go. As always, BYC is a great source of information. Hopefully I can get answers to some of my duck questions. I have 2 , I thought Rouen ducks. They have the yellow stripping on their face still as babies. I noticed this week that one has the very vivid white ring around his neck. I'm hopin for a pair. Are they in fact rouens? Since the other one does not have the white ring, would that indicate she's a female?

Also, are Rouen and mallards the me type of duck?

New BYC member here, Long time lurker! these forums have helped me greatly w/my chickens... But i've recently rescued 8 rouens from a bad farm...they had them in a rabbit cage 8( will post our new duck run pic. when i get them taken. they were 4 weeks+ in this photo. thank you all for the help and advice.
Congrats on your new ducks!

I am new to ducks so I'm learning as I go. As always, BYC is a great source of information. Hopefully I can get answers to some of my duck questions. I have 2 , I thought Rouen ducks. They have the yellow stripping on their face still as babies. I noticed this week that one has the very vivid white ring around his neck. I'm hopin for a pair. Are they in fact rouens? Since the other one does not have the white ring, would that indicate she's a female?

Also, are Rouen and mallards the me type of duck?

The rouens will have 2 stripes by their eyes while mallards only have one eye stripe. It does sound like you have a pair. Mallards and rouens are close to the same but they have differences. For instance the suggest difference is size. Mallards are tiny while rouens are much bigger a d heavier. Mallards can fly and rouens can't. Just to name a few

The rouens will have 2 stripes by their eyes while mallards only have one eye stripe. It does sound like you have a pair. Mallards and rouens are close to the same but they have differences. For instance the suggest difference is size. Mallards are tiny while rouens are much bigger a d heavier. Mallards can fly and rouens can't. Just to name a few

Thank you for the information. I will keep my fingers crossed that I have rouens and that they are a pair.

Back
Top Bottom