Rouen Duck thread

Pics
Lol hmm I'm not sure about your stinky egg problem. I've never had that unless they were bad. Are the eggs bad? Have your ducks been drinking the funk water???

I'm off to find a new Rouen thread where maybe someone that knows some thing has started it...lol. JK! Eggs are fresh out of the factory when I pick them up, fresh drinking and pool water, though they turn the pool water to "funk" water real quick, they play in a pond, the yolks look fine and all that....just the shells I guess stink something awful...lol. Maybe I'm just being a Nancy...lol. "funk water"..that's a good one!..lol.

pic of my first duck egg.

Last edited:
I'm off to find a new Rouen thread where maybe someone that knows some thing has started it...lol. JK! Eggs are fresh out of the factory when I pick them up, fresh drinking and pool water, though they turn the pool water to "funk" water real quick, they play in a pond, the yolks look fine and all that....just the shells I guess stink something awful...lol. Maybe I'm just being a Nancy...lol. "funk water"..that's a good one!..lol. pic of my first duck egg.
I dare you to go find such a thread :p aww look at the egg in a cute Lil basket. Well then I'm assuming your just a Nancy then. Your eggs shouldn't have a stench to them and if they do and the yolk is just fine then it must just be that your a fancy lol remember to wash them in hot water and soap. That should get rid of the non existent smell jk

I dare you to go find such a thread :p aww look at the egg in a cute Lil basket. Well then I'm assuming your just a Nancy then. Your eggs shouldn't have a stench to them and if they do and the yolk is just fine then it must just be that your a fancy lol remember to wash them in hot water and soap. That should get rid of the non existent smell jk
lol...I'm back and am glad you started this Rouen thread...(couldn't find anything else)..
big_smile.png
. Seriously, I think it is great you started this thread! ....and you are very knowledgeable! I'll try the hot water and soap and see what happens. The one from this morning is the same way...
big_smile.png
. I usually get hay and dirt in my white fancy lad wig every morning and have to wash it out, so I'll wash the duck eggs at that time, too....
big_smile.png
. I wish I would of known starting up a ranch would involve so many icky things...every things icky...
tongue.png
wee.gif

lol...I'm back and am glad you started this Rouen thread...(couldn't find anything else)..:D .  Seriously, I think it is great you started this thread!  ....and you are very knowledgeable!  I'll try the hot water and soap and see what happens.  The one from this morning is the same way...:D .  I usually get hay and dirt in my white fancy lad wig every morning and have to wash it out, so I'll wash the duck eggs at that time, too....:D .  I wish I would of known starting up a ranch would involve so many icky things...every things icky...:p ...:weee

Thank you! Lol that would the perfect time to, might as we'll get two things done at once. Haha even the rhino?

Here's Tron, finally through puberty :p, with his ladies (16 weeks)
Not sure what the Campbell is doing in the back, but she looks excited

Now if the girls could decide to lay so we can try a few duck eggs before winter, that would be awesome (not sure it's going to happen though)

Here's Tron, finally through puberty :p, with his ladies (16 weeks) Not sure what the Campbell is doing in the back, but she looks excited Now if the girls could decide to lay so we can try a few duck eggs before winter, that would be awesome (not sure it's going to happen though)
He's quite handsome! Along with his flock mates. It will be a few more weeks before you get an egg. But they usually lay all winter so don't worry about not having duck eggs. :) ETA: are them cayugas in the background?

Last edited:
Yeah, we have 2 Rouen, 2 Campbell and two Cayuga. All female except for Tron

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom