Rouen Duck thread

docile/very nice but at mateing season youll need alot of females 

So would 2 females and 1 male not work for this breed?!
1f601.png

Our ducklings are about 4 weeks now and it's looking really likely that we have 2 males and one female; even if I give away one male, will 1:1 be too much for the female? Also, at what age will the drakes start wanting to mate? Thanks! I appreciate the helpfulness of the experienced duck people on this site
smile.png

Our ducklings are about 4 weeks now and it's looking really likely that we have 2 males and one female; even if I give away one male, will 1:1 be too much for the female? Also, at what age will the drakes start wanting to mate? Thanks! I appreciate the helpfulness of the experienced duck people on this site:)

I wanted to get 2 females and 1 male! I was wondering if that was ok as well!

Oh my goodness I'm so excited!! Last month I put a few duck eggs in the incubator to see what would happen (would they develop or not). Nothing happened what so ever. Now my boy his name is Jumper has been doing his thing well apparently! I have 5 eggs in the incubator and all are starting to develop! I set them Saturday. I realize it's early and anything could happen but I'm excited to know that they are fertile and I might get a duckling or 5!

Here is a picture from this morning
ff54863fc1296f056685f267089e55f2.jpg

The one in front has a lot of brown compared to the rest, I'm positive she's a duck the rest are dark, but one has the brown stenciling on its butt, it seems to quack like the duck, the other two have more green coming off their butt, I'm thinking that they are drakes as they don't quack at all.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom