Rouen Duck thread

That might be your problem in a ducks teen year they begin to develop more and start and grow and cause leg problems. basicly is overly protein and less nacine that might have caused his leg to go wierd

Where do i get Nacine? I looked at Family Farm & Home yesterday but didnt see anything. We have a natural food store & I think we still have a GNC. I will be going to town today so I can pick some up.

Where do i get Nacine? I looked at Family Farm & Home yesterday but didnt see anything. We have a natural food store & I think we still have a GNC. I will be going to town today so I can pick some up.
From what I've read, most people suggest Brewers Yeast, which contains Niacin. I'm putting a tablespoon of brewers yeast per cup of crumbles. The GNC stores in the St. Louis area have stopped carrying brewers yeast. Hopefully you'll find some easily. Someone mentioned Walmart...I believe you find it in the vitamin/supplement area.

We just used an electrolyte powder that had niacin from TSC, probably not the recommended dose but we didn't have any problems, we started it when we got the ducks. My wife is a formulation scientist in animal pharmaceutics, so I just say ok and don't ask questions.

From what I've read, most people suggest Brewers Yeast, which contains Niacin.  I'm putting a tablespoon of brewers yeast per cup of crumbles.  The GNC stores in the St. Louis area have stopped carrying brewers yeast.  Hopefully you'll find some easily.  Someone mentioned Walmart...I believe you find it in the vitamin/supplement area.

So Brewers Yeast over niacin? Is it ok for all the other birds as well? (8 ducks & 9 chickens)

You can find Niacin almost anywhere. It is also called Vitamin B3. Avoid anything that is time release or "no flush" if those words are on the bottle, dont use it.

I prefer to give my ducks their Niacin in the powdered form over their food- there is much less waste and less chance of overdose. I use Nutritional yeast.
Brewers yeast or Nutritional Yeast- basically the same thing, usually priced the same. --------

-it is worth a note here +++++NOT BAKING YEAST!!!!

All of these are found in the health food/ nutritional section of most grocery stores, usually by the pharmacy.

If you have a WINCO where you live they sell the nutritional yeast in the bulk bins at less than 1/2 the price I have found it anywhere else. and I only have to buy what I can afford at the moment ;-)
You may have equivalent resources where you live.
Remember there is always ordering off the internet if your neighborhood is blessed with more agriculture than retail shops.

Serious,
However stupid
Rouen question.

My Rouen do not have anything that looks like a white ring around their neck. Why?
Is it something that comes later? Mine are 7 well, almost 8 weeks old two girls and two are all male ;-) they even have curly cue kind of drake feather that I did not expect to see for weeks. Im seeing iridescent colours starting to show up on their heads and they have lovely wing bars, but whassup w'da white ring around the collar? Did I use too much wisk when cleaning their bedding towels? (----that was a refrence only a select few of us old folks will get LOL )

but seriously, Whassup?

Serious,
However stupid
Rouen question.

My Rouen do not have anything that looks like a white ring around their neck. Why?
Is it something that comes later? Mine are 7 well, almost 8 weeks old two girls and two are all male ;-) they even have curly cue kind of drake feather that I did not expect to see for weeks. Im seeing iridescent colours starting to show up on their heads and they have lovely wing bars, but whassup w'da white ring around the collar? Did I use too much wisk when cleaning their bedding towels? (----that was a refrence only a select few of us old folks will get LOL )

but seriously, Whassup?

Old. Got the reference.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom