Rouen egg

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DuckBoy323, Oct 8, 2011.

1. DuckBoy323

DuckBoy323 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    Arlington Washington
    Does any one know how many eggs a rouen hen will lay a year? Week? And what color egg would it be?[​IMG]

2. mogrl840

mogrl840 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2011
    Yuma AZ
    mine lay like an off white color. One month she laid over 25 eggs. I think if you take them from her she will keep laying eggs but if you let her sit on them she will try hatching watch she has under her

3. zzGypsy

zzGypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    white to maybe just the littlest hint of pink.
    on average, once they get really going they'll lay daily, sometimes year round, until they molt. we had some that laid over 300 eggs in a year, some will do less. most, but not all, of ours laid over the winter.

4. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Interesting. I thought Rouens were mostly for meat. I had not really read up on them because I didn't want any, but good to know.

5. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Interesting. I thought Rouens were mostly for meat. I had not really read up on them because I didn't want any, but good to know.

6. zzGypsy

zzGypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    they weren't the best of our egg layers, but the do very well for a heavy duck.
    for eggs and more eggs, the golden 300 hybrids. khaki's also, but those eggs are smaller.
    love the black-to-gray eggs the cayugas lay... also big eggs. trying harlequins and silver appleyards this year. but the rouens I've had did pretty well, eggwise.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by