Rouen looks rough.

DuckyVeit

In the Brooder
Aug 27, 2020
KY
Also, could I get any advice about what to do about my one female? Is there anything at all I can do that allows me to keep her without resulting in her being mated to death?

FunQuail

Songster
Sep 23, 2018
Kansas
If your boys get along, you could get 6-8 more girls and have everyone together. I've heard that drakes that were raised together don't fight as much and that has been my experience so far.
Good luck!☺
Kelly

DuckyVeit

In the Brooder
Aug 27, 2020
KY
While I would LOVE to, adding to my flock is not an option. πŸ˜” My husband was not super ecstatic when I came home with the third (which, ironically, was the hen).

FunQuail

Songster
Sep 23, 2018
Kansas
You may have to give her up. It's usually very easy to find a home for a female. I don't really know what else you could do, ducks are flock animals so she would need at least one friend to hang out with, play with, forage with etc. I did think that maybe one of your drakes could live with her and you just keep a close eye on them to make sure she doesn't get over mated but you still have the other drake who needs a friend.
Good luck and I hope things work out!:fl

DuckyVeit

In the Brooder
Aug 27, 2020
KY
My girl went with her new duck mom today. πŸ˜” It's bittersweet. I'm super sad that she's gone, but I managed to find a really great home for her where she will be loved, spoiled, and happy.

Has anyone ever raised a pair of drakes? What was your experience? Here are my boys on their first night as a pair instead of a trio.

20201024_000613.jpg

Top Bottom