Rough couple of days, need to vent- LONG

smpezzi

Songster
11 Years
Jun 4, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Feel free to ignore this post everyone but I need to get some of this out before I explode and or go into a depression.

Hubby is a carpenter/contractor/master craftsman, here in mid michigan work in his line is tough to come by but he does have a job right now doing a closet, bathroom vanity, and upstairs doors- cool. This job has been a mess almost from the beginning turns out the wood they wanted hubby is allergic to- we had no idea never worked with it before so lost some days due to severe illness. Homeowner decided to be his own general contractor so new the sub contractors are messing with him which is sad for him he is a nice guy but due to that we get put off on the job. Finally can take the doors down to homeowner and get them out of the shop- take 1/2 a day to take them down get down there and homeowner says no I wanted them pre finished
barnie.gif
load doors back up and come back up here (3 hours lost time) homeowner also says now he wants everything installed on Friday (this is tuesday)
barnie.gif
Tuesday becomes a 16 hour day of work, Wed a 14 hour day, thursday 20 hours, Hubby gets up Friday morning and heads down to job, gets there and finds out homeowner didn't leave check (homeowner was sent invoice and asked if we could get check on friday) later in day find out homeowner did leave check after all- Inbetween though hubby calls me to tell me that homeowner didn't leave check so I freak out because I have a wedding over an hour away today for my cousin haven't had the money to get a gift, have almost no gas in my van, we owe mom Money so she can pay her bills because she helped us at the beginning of the month since we were broke and homeowner had put off our install. Hubby calls back and says ok he did leave check we are ok can pay mom, pay our bills, get chicken feed (not out but I get paranoid about making sure the kids and animals will never run out of food) and you can go to wedding all is fine! Then he calls back and says homeowners wife refused to give check because Hubby has to come back on Sunday to finish some install stuff
barnie.gif
he.gif
UM how is he supposed to come back if he doesn't have fuel for truck?????
smack.gif
Again I freak but handle it better this time for Hubbys sake. Hubby calls his best friend to see if we can borrow some money until beginning of week, BF says of course come pick it up in morning
love.gif
OK you would think now things are fine right????
fl.gif
NOPE Hubby gets home and I talk him into just relaxing for the evening cause Lord knows he needs to. He is sitting on the couch and his abdomen cramps up, along with his leg He tries to get up and drops his cigarett into the couch (I am upstairs and hear him yell for help he is trying to walk off cramps and yelling for Kyle (12) to find the cig. he dropped Kyle can't find it and starts to freak out I run down stairs over to couch pull it apart and get cig. OK now maybe things will slow down right
fl.gif
NOPE Hubby is standing in dinning room holding onto a chair and falls over backward- you know in the movies where someone finds out someone is pregnant and falls straight over backward that is what it looked like, he is grey eyes open not responding just like laying there and slidding backward against a tote I have between living room and dining room with a dinning room chair ontop of him Matthew (7) pulls chair off hubby but can't stand it up I help him all the while talking to hubby who isn't responding. Finally I tell Hubby I am putting my hand behind your head so I can move this tote from behind you finally he responds and asks me "am I on the floor?" Get him up on his feet now I am shaking. Finish making dinner checking him every two seconds. Finally talk him into going upstairs and I close up the bedroom and turn on the ac for him. Poor man spent the whole night cramping up too. It has been a Looonnnnggggg week, month, year, life!
hit.gif
Hubby had a mild heart attack a couple years ago so seeing him grey like that scared the poop out of me!

He is down at BF's house right now.

To anyone who took the time to read this saga Thank You! I just needed to get it all out and this helped that is only the highlights but such a Help to be able to get it out Thanks for being here everyone you are the BEST
hugs.gif

Well at least there are plenty of shoulders here to lean on...Hope your hubby is feeling better soon and hope everything starts looking up for you. You're in our prayers.
smile.png

I'm so sorry! What a week.
I know it's expensive, but is there anyway you can get your husband to a doctor? His collapsing and turning grey is really scary! Is he better today?

Goodness...

I am so sorry you are going through all this. I know there are times life seems almost impossible. I hope things are looking up for you soon. I second the getting hubby to a doctor. I know that had to be so frightening for you.

Hubby is doing a bit better today. We are "discussing" the fact he will be going to a doctor after we get paid, I want a full cardiac work up on him and his blood sugar tested at the least. I will be talking to his brother this next week (a doctor) to see what he thinks should be worked up. Hubby swears it was simply exhaustion and stress, my counter- that is what can help bring on another heart attack!

Thank you all for letting me lean on you!

Wow what a tough week you guys had. I hope your hubby is feeling better and everything looks up for you guys. My Dad is in consruction and my sister & I work in the office helping out. Work has been super slow for the past year. I will say a little prayer for your family today & tell your hubby to relax this weekend and take it easy.

I wish he could relax for the weekend, he has to finish spraying shelves, fix some mess ups he did while sleep deprived, and a few other things he will be working the rest of today on all that and then leaves first thing in the morning to go finish installing the hope is to get everything in (doors for 3 rooms, finish bathroom stuff, and closet) tomorrow so he can walk out with the check at the end of the day.

Thank you for the well wishes and prayers

You poor thing. Hugs to you and your family. I totally understand where you are coming from. Almost 16 years ago, my dh and I got married,started a businrss(his own,ceramic tile installing),bought a house and had a baby,all in 1 year's time. Second little bundle came along 19 months after the first one. It was always feast or famine for us. I have learned from that experience(DH finally had to get a steady job) and if you will take my suggestion it should help. If you don't already have it this way,separate his business finances from the household's. Keep good records of what comes in and what goes out. Pay only business expenses with business funds. Let dh draw a "paycheck" from the business. Start with what you have to have and as the business finances get stable,let him give himself a raise. This way the household won't be held hostage to circumstances that come up due to all the things that can,and will go wrong with a job. Believe me,I know. My dh once got held up on a job putting in a fireplace surround and hearth because the chimney wasn't installed correctly and when it rained,it literally poured down the chimney into the house. This caused days of delays and when he could finally get over there to do his part,someone had walked off with the tile,so we had to replace it. Another time he had to re-install the tile in a house because someone decided to walk on it afer he left,despite the fact that he blocked it off. of'course no one owned up to it. I could go on for days. The point is,these things are going to happen and are stressful enough without having to figure out how to feed your kids on top of it. Hope your dh feels better soon. Give him lots of hugs and the good part about that is you will get hugs,too.
big_smile.png

I love the suggestion, I have record books of what goes into and out of the business and same for household I like the "paycheck" idea though we will have to institute that! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom