Round Lake IL Area - 9/17 Backyard Chicken Community Awareness Meeting

fuzzyham

Chirping
10 Years
Oct 25, 2010
Extreme NE Illinois
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Round-Lake-IL-Area-Chicago-Land-Urban-Chicken-Keepers-CLUCK/167144703338419#!/event.php?eid=260884303936852

Round
Lake IL Area - Backyard Chicken Community Awareness Meeting
- Focus is on the adjoining communities of Round Lake, Round Lake Beach, Round Lake Heights, Round Lake Park, and Hainesville

Time: Saturday, September 17 · 2:00pm - 3:30pm
Location: Round Lake Area Park Dist. - Robert W. Rolek Community Center / 814 Hart Road / Round Lake, IL

An opportunity to find out more about what's involved in keeping Backyard Chickens, whether you want them for yourself or you're concerned that they may move in next door. All events listed below will occur in the "Multipurpose Room" located in the east end of the building.

Presentation will cover:
- Why Backyard Chickens?
- Myths & Misconceptions
- What's Involved?
- What's Next?

Additional goal: identification of residents who desire to be active in their own area village towards changing ordinances to allow Backyard Chickens on residential lots within village limits.

Networking time to meet with like-minded neighbors will be provided after the presentation. *** Volunteers to assist with meeting logistics are welcome! ***

Bi-lingual petitions customized for each of the 5 area villages will be available.

Information about displays by groups related to backyard food production, sustainability, community-building, and "Transition" will be posted as available.

For more information or to volunteer, please contact Ed Fuhrmann @ cell 847-744-0890.

Last edited:
Will you be able to attend the McHenry IL "PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION MEETING" on Thursday, September 8, 2011 at 7:30 p.m at the Municipal Center / City Hall?

They will be discussing a "Text Amendment to the zoning ordinance regarding residential chickens". Most of the hurdles out there have been overcome, but this portion of the meeting IS listed as a "Public Hearing", so the more people the better! I won't be able to attend as I work 2nd shift.
sad.png

I am so pea-pickin' excited!
I look forward to attending this - I am putting this on my calendar, immediately.

Back
Top Bottom