Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I went back and reread the entire thread.

Yuck to the rat issue. That's a lot of rats.

On a different note...... I am rather impressed that in a mixed flock the Polish still has full head floof. I know that is something I couldn't accomplish here. (I rehomed all my Polish because of it)
I would trim the floof, otherwise bird could not find roost unless approaching from above.

I went back and reread the entire thread.

Yuck to the rat issue. That's a lot of rats.

On a different note...... I am rather impressed that in a mixed flock the Polish still has full head floof. I know that is something I couldn't accomplish here. (I rehomed all my Polish because of it)
I read the whole thing this morning. It nearly took me all morning.
It seemed to me that the Polish had a hefty set of spurs for there to be no rooster with the hens. But heck, I have BO hen with spurs. But not that long. I keep them trimmed.

You mean live a normal natural farm style life? There has been no evidence presented of worm/lice infestations, sour crop or Bumblefoot. And video of mice running in a park area near a stream is not unusual. This sounds like someone who has an axe to grind with the museum. Which to me, lessens her credibility. Is she being a disgruntled ex-employee? Is she a disgruntled applicant that didn’t get hired? This is a public park that is also historic, however it seems she will only be satisfied when the entire operation is shut down. Then the city of Golden will lose a valuable asset as will the residents.

Interesting first post ... and your only other post was also on this thread ... is this what is meant by "axe grinding"?

-------------------------

On a slightly differnt note ... I found it strange that in the museums post it mentions two things I'll "cherry pick" ...

1. They basically said that it was a historic replica of what the pioneers would have dealt with back 100 years ago ... how many pioneers do you think would have chosen a fluff head polish, over a Dominique, Plymouth Rock, or Java? Or plastic waterer?

2. They mention that the throwing of food was/is a problem of feeding the rats ... but the picture shows a pay for feed station ...

Quite obvious to me that the place was spruced up for the pictures ... anybody who keeps chickens, knows that even after a coop clean, it doesn't look like that for long ... and that un-fresh shavings with poop is still not really a bad thing ... I doubt the pioneers went our twice a day and put fresh shaving down! ;)

This entire thread is based mostly on opinions and the rest is at best subjective

Reminds me of

"Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones" lol

Outstanding centra for contacting them so they can defend themselves and so they know what's up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom