Round worms, right?

The roundworms will be killed with one day of fenbendazole, and later treating at day 10. But since you did the 3 days, I would go for 5, which gets most all worms BUT not tapes. I would still get the Equimax for praziquantel and use it. Tapeworm eggs are found in temporary hosts around the chicken yard—earthworms, beetles, flies, grasshoppers, snails, and slugs. When a chicken eats one of those bugs or slugs that has ingested tapeworms eggs, they will get tapes again. Not all of your chickens would have the tapeworms, just the ones you see with the tapeworm segments or the whole tapeworm in the first pictures.

@Eggcessive I did an experiment and left the roundworms in the heat. One of the three went flat.
IMG_20220413_181121456_HDR.jpg

Yes, just one dosing of Valbazen will be fine since already used the Safeguard.
Good, because getting help for that many times in 10 days will be hard lol. My oldest was on vacation this week from work.

Thanks to everyone for all of your help!
My one girl still hasn't laid an egg but her poop is looking way better and she is eating and drinking. We are still dealing with 3 cases of bumble that I can hopefully clear up.

@Eggcessive , so definitely havea bird with tapeworms. I found one poop today with segments. I know it was one of the bigger birds so that narrows it down to 11 birds. Should I treat all 11? Or wait a few days to see if I can narrow down who? How long does it take the segments to show up in stool from ingestion? We've had a lot of flies since the temperatures have been consistently hot.

I would narrow it down to the chicken(s) who lay the dropping with tapeworm segments. Do you have a picture? Are you planning to use praziquantel this time twice over 10-14 days?

Back
Top Bottom