Round2it Roost est. May 2022

Mystikal

Songster
May 2, 2022
York, SC
Just found this forum and figured I would get a thread started for our ladies. We decided on a name for the homestead as indicated in the title. Once you get to know us you'll find that no matter how motivated we are to get something done it seems to always take forever to complete. lol

That being said... The Coop and run are not done but the girls seem eager to stretch their wings. I found this cute portable tent on Amazon. I thought it was a good idea but if it isn't feel free to inform me. :)

IMG_20220517_133623138_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220517_133819430_HDR.jpg

I like your homestead name, and I totally get it. Every job I start here just leads me to another project that needs to be done, ASAP.

I refer to my own place as "A Wing and a Prayer Acres."

Regarding the tent, I think it's okay as long as there's some type of predator-proof fencing or barrier to protect them or if you only use it while you are outside with them. The wire fence I can see in the background would contain the chickens, but as I learned here, some predators (in my case, minks), can slip through very small openings.

Good luck with all your (endless) projects; looking forward to seeing your progress. Maybe it will inspire me to get more done, faster!

I like your homestead name, and I totally get it. Every job I start here just leads me to another project that needs to be done, ASAP.

I refer to my own place as "A Wing and a Prayer Acres."

Regarding the tent, I think it's okay as long as there's some type of predator-proof fencing or barrier to protect them or if you only use it while you are outside with them. The wire fence I can see in the background would contain the chickens, but as I learned here, some predators (in my case, minks), can slip through very small openings.

Good luck with all your (endless) projects; looking forward to seeing your progress. Maybe it will inspire me to get more done, faster!
Definitely like your name too!

Yes they go back in the brooder when we aren't able to keep an eye on them. They're still pretty little and I feel like they could slip through the fencing as I have seen the neighbors kittens squeeze through.

Nice to meet you!

Hubby and I made a little roost for the chicks as they were trying to roost on their feeders. We got some 2x2 spindles from the 70% off bin at HD and cut and screwed them to some pallet scraps. They seem to like it.

View attachment 3118987
Very clever. I like it. What kind of ladies are we looking at?

Back
Top Bottom